Friday, January 20, 2012

Éste Es Mi Trabajo:

F
While I realize that these photoblogs are a cop-out, it's worth the 1,000 words to show everyone my life so far in Panama. I promise I will begin more in-depth blogs on my experiences here and definitely on my research as it progresses. However, until I get settled in, I hope you will excuse the laziness on my part and can enjoy the view.


This is the porch of my hostel, and the view from my bedroom at my hostel. you can see much of the skyline of this city. Though its only a city of around a million people, the towering, beautiful skyscrapers are numerous, far outshining Louisville.





And this is our job:

Fellow Fulbright researcher Michelle Jackson and I decided to pursue our duties as ambassadors by checking out Santa Clara beach. A $5 and 2 hour bus ride from the city took us to this beach on the Pacific side of Panama.




$3 gave us access to the beach, bathrooms and showers.





Michelle packed a lunch of pasta, chicken curry spread and tuna salad with ritz crackers. All of this was enjoyed with a bottle of white wine and 4 bottles of water.

So yea, this is how we do

1 comment: